Thanks for your interest in submitting to the Case Reserve Review! Submissions for our Spring 2017 issue are now open and due by 11:59pm EST on 9 April 2017. Our Spring 2017 submission guidelines are as below:
- The submitting artist must be an undergraduate student currently enrolled at any institution of higher learning in the United States or a graduate student at Case Western Reserve University, the Cleveland Institute of Art, or the Cleveland Institute of Music.
- Submissions must be made via the submission form on our website. Submissions made by any other means will not be considered.
- All work should be submitted in a timely manner, in accordance with the deadline.
- The artist may submit in one or in multiple acceptable mediums.
- The artist may submit a total of up to five pieces of original work.
- Only one submission per e-mail address is accepted; all submissions must be made at once. No changes can be made once submitted.
- A maximum of seven pages is ideal for prose; however, ten pages is the absolute limit.
- Poetry may take any form; free verse/free form is accepted.
- For photography submissions, please choose your own photos; the CRR will NOT accept entire albums or links to Flickr, Facebook, or other online accounts. However, you are free to submit photos that also appear in such locations. The CRR is printed in full color; color photos will be reproduced as submitted.
- Submissions will be retained for future use. We reserve the right to publish submissions in the current or any future issue.
- All submissions must be the original work of the submitting individual. By submitting, you agree to provide the Case Reserve Review with an irrevocable, perpetual license to reproduce your work in whole or in part, in any medium (including, but not limited to, print, online, and video), for any purpose. Submitters retain ownership of their copyright and are free to submit their work to other publications. Additionally, submitters are free to submit to the CRR works published elsewhere, provided that they retain ownership of the works and that contractual obligations do not prohibit such submissions.
- Artists may elect to have their work published anonymously. To do so, artists must submit their work with their full names and select the “remain anonymous” option on our submission form. Works submitted in this manner will be credited to Anonymous in the publication.
- The Case Reserve Review reserves the right to edit/alter any submission for content or so that it fits our publication’s requirements. Any and all alterations will be brought to the submitting artist’s attention via e-mail before they are finalised.
- Submission does not guarantee publication.
- Any questions regarding our submission guidelines should be directed to the editorial board.
Ready to submit? Continue to the submission form >>